- 1 (the) Administration [countable, singular] the government of a country under a particular leader the Obama administration The Administration will fight hard for the tax plan. Successive administrations have failed to solve the country's economic problems.
- 2 the administration [countable, singular] the people who plan, organize, and run a business, an institution, etc. the hospital/university administration
- 3 (informal admin) [uncountable] the activities that are done in order to plan, organize, and run a business, school, or other institution Administration costs are passed on to the customer. the day-to-day administration of a company
- 4[uncountable] the process or act of organizing the way that something is done the administration of justice
- 5[uncountable] (formal) the act of giving a drug to someone the administration of antibiotics
nounjump to other results