- 1[countable, usually plural] a plan or preparation that you make so that something can happen travel arrangements arrangement for something I'll make arrangements for you to be met at the airport.
- 2 [countable, usually plural] the way things are done or organized She's happy with her unusual living arrangements. There are special arrangements for people working overseas.
- 3[countable, uncountable] an agreement that you make with someone that you can both accept We can come to an arrangement over the price. arrangement between A and B an arrangement between the school and the parents arrangement with somebody (to do something) You can cash checks here by prior arrangement with the bank. arrangement that… They had an arrangement that the children would spend two weeks with each parent.
- 4[countable, uncountable] a group of things that are organized or placed in a particular order or position; the act of placing things in a particular order plans of the possible seating arrangements the art of flower arrangement
- 5[countable, uncountable] a piece of music that has been changed, for example for another instrument to play
nounjump to other results