- 1[countable] a thick slice of meat with a bone attached to it, especially from a pig or sheep a pork/lamb chop
- 2[countable] an act of cutting something with a quick downward movement using an ax or a knife Give the mushrooms a quick chop before adding them to the pan.
- 3[countable] an act of hitting someone or something with the side of your hand in a quick downward movement a karate chop
- 4chops [plural] (informal) the part of a person's or an animal's face around the mouth The dog sat licking its chops. Idioms
- 1to hit someone hard in the jaw If you call me that again, I’ll bust your chops.
- 2to criticize or annoy someone in a way that is not serious My dad sometimes busts my chops about not working hard enough.
bust somebody's chops (informal)jump to other results