- 1clue (to something) an object, a piece of evidence, or some information that helps the police solve a crime The police think the videotape may hold some vital clues to the identity of the killer.
- 2clue (to something) a fact or a piece of evidence that helps you discover the answer to a problem Diet may hold the clue to the causes of migraine.
- 3 some words or a piece of information that helps you find the answers to a crossword, a game, or a question “You'll never guess who I saw today!” “Give me a clue.” Idioms
- 1to know nothing about something or about how to do something I don't have a clue where she lives.
- 2(disapproving) to be very stupid Don't ask him to do it—he doesn't have a clue!
not have a clue (informal)jump to other results