- 1 [countable, uncountable] an activity involving a special skill at making things with your hands traditional crafts like basket-weaving a craft fair/workshop see also arts and crafts
- 2 [singular] all the skills needed for a particular activity chefs who learned their craft in five-star hotels the writer's craft
- 3[uncountable] (formal) (disapproving) skill in making people believe what you want them to believe He knew how to win by craft and diplomacy what he could not gain by force.
- 4[countable] (pl. craft) a boat or ship Hundreds of small craft bobbed around the liner as it steamed into the harbor. a landing/pleasure craft
- 5[countable] (craft) an aircraft or spacecraft
nounjump to other results