- 1[countable] all the people working on a ship, plane, etc. None of the passengers and crew were injured. crew members a change of crew in Frankfurt see also aircrew, cabin crew, flight crew
- 2[countable] all the people working on a ship, plane, etc. except the officers who are in charge the officers and crew
- 3[countable] a group of people with special skills working together a film/camera crew an ambulance crew see also ground crew
- 4[singular] (usually disapproving) a group of people The people she invited were a pretty motley crew (= a strange mix of types of people).
- 5 [countable] a team of people who row boats in races a member of the German crew
- 6 [uncountable] the sport of rowing with other people in a boat I'm thinking of going out for crew this semester (= joining the rowing team).