Phrasal Verbsphrasal verbjump to other results
cut inphrasal verb
- 1if a motor or an engine cuts in, it starts working Emergency generators cut in.
- 2 to go in front of other people who are waiting
- 3to begin dancing with somebody who had until then been dancing with another person “Mind if I cut in?”
- 1to interrupt someone when they are speaking synonym butt in She kept cutting in on our conversation. “Forget it!” she cut in.
- 2(of a vehicle or its driver) to move suddenly in front of another vehicle, leaving little space between the two vehicles
cut in (on somebody/something)
to give someone a share of the profit in a business or an activityjump to other results