- 1 (also magnetic disk) (computing) a device for storing information on a computer, with a magnetic surface that records information received in electronic form see also floppy disk, hard disk
- 2 a thin, flat, round object Red blood cells are roughly the shape of a disk. He wears an identity disk around his neck.
- 3 = CD This recording is available online or on disk.
- 4 a structure made of cartilage between the bones of the back He's been out of work with a slipped disk (= one that has moved from its correct position, causing pain).
- 5(old-fashioned) = record
(also disc) nounjump to other results