- 1[usually before noun] of or inside a particular country; not foreign or international domestic affairs/politics domestic flights (= to and from places within a country) Output consists of both exports and sales on the domestic market. opposite foreign
- 2[only before noun] used in the home; connected with the home or family domestic appliances domestic chores the growing problem of domestic violence (= violence between members of the same family) domestic service (= the work of a servant in a large house) domestic help (= help with the work in a house; the person or people who do this work)
- 3liking home life; enjoying or good at cooking, cleaning the house, etc. I'm not a very domestic sort of person.
- 4(of animals) kept on farms or as pets; not wild
- NAmE//dəˈmɛstɪkli//adverb domestically produced goods
adjectivejump to other results
domesticallyjump to other results