- 1looking as though you are thinking about other things and not paying attention to what is happening around you She had a dreamy look in her eyes. a dreamy expression
- 2(of a person or an idea) having a lot of imagination, but not very realistic Paul was dreamy and not very practical.
- 3as if you are in a dream or asleep He moved in the dreamy way of a man in a state of shock.
- 4(informal) pleasant and gentle; that makes you feel relaxed a slow, dreamy melody
- 5(informal) beautiful; wonderful What's he like? I bet he's really dreamy.
dreamilyjump to other results
NAmE//ˈdriməli//adverb “I have lots of happy memories,” she said dreamily. He gazed dreamily out of the window.
dreaminessjump to other results
noun [uncountable] She was feeling the same romantic dreaminess she had felt as a young girl.