- 1[uncountable] (formal) the process of someone getting a higher or more important rank his elevation to the presidency
- 2 [countable, usually singular] (technology) the height of a place, especially its height above sea level The city is at an elevation of about 5,000 feet.
- 3[countable] (formal) a piece of ground that is higher than the area around
- 4[countable] (architecture) one side of a building, or a drawing of this by an architect the front/rear/side elevation of a house compare ground plan (1), plan
- 5[uncountable, singular] (technology) an increase in the level or amount of something elevation of blood sugar levels