- 1 [uncountable] exposure (to something) the state of being in a place or situation where there is no protection from something harmful or unpleasant prolonged exposure to harmful radiation (finance) the company's exposure on the foreign exchange markets (= to the risk of experiencing financial losses) showing truth
- 2 [uncountable] the state of having the true facts about someone or something told, after they have been hidden because they are bad, immoral, or illegal exposure as a liar and a fraud the exposure of illegal currency deals on TV/in newspapers, etc.
- 3[uncountable] the fact of being discussed or mentioned on television, in newspapers, etc. synonym publicity Her new movie has had a lot of exposure in the media. medical condition
- 4[uncountable] a medical condition caused by being out in very cold weather for too long without protection Two climbers were brought in suffering from exposure. film in camera
- 5[countable] a length of film in a camera that is used to take a photograph There are three exposures left on this roll of film.
- 6[countable] the length of time for which light is allowed to reach the film when taking a photograph I used a long exposure for this one. showing something hidden
- 7[uncountable] the act of showing something that is usually hidden see also indecent exposure direction faced
- 8[countable, usually singular] the direction in which something such as a building faces Our living room has a southern exposure.
to something harmful
nounjump to other results