- 1 a person or thing that you like more than the others of the same type These cookies are great favorites with the children. This song is a personal favorite of mine. The band played all my old favorites. Which one's your favorite? The program has become a fan favorite with young audiences.
- 2 a person who is liked better by someone and receives better treatment than others She loved all her grandchildren, but Ann was her favorite.
- 3 the horse, runner, team, etc. that is expected to win The favorite came third. favorite (for something) Her horse is the runaway favorite for the race. favorite (to do something) The Penguins are the favorite to win the Stanley Cup.
- 4the person who is expected by most people to get a particular job or position favorite (for something) She's the favorite for the job. favorite (to do something) She's the favorite to succeed him as leader.
- 5 a page on the Internet that you like and whose address you save so that you can return to it easily synonym bookmark The library's home page is in my favorites.