- 1[countable] flock (of something) a group of sheep, goats, or birds of the same type compare herd
- 2[countable] flock (of somebody) a large group of people, especially of the same type a flock of reporters They came in flocks to see the procession.
- 3[countable] (literary) the group of people who regularly attend the church of a particular priest, etc.
- 4[uncountable] small pieces of soft material used for filling cushions, chairs, etc. a flock mattress
- 5[uncountable] small pieces of soft material on the surface of paper or cloth that produce a raised pattern flock wallpaper