- 1[usually before noun] (of food) kept at a very low temperature in order to preserve it frozen peas
- 2 [not usually before noun] (of people or parts of the body) extremely cold I'm absolutely frozen! You look like you're frozen stiff.
- 3(of rivers, lakes, etc.) with a layer of ice on the surface
- 4(especially of ground) so cold that it has become very hard The ground was frozen solid.
- 5frozen with/in something unable to move because of a strong emotion such as fear or horror She stared at him, frozen with shock. see also freeze
adjectivejump to other results