Phrasal Verbsphrasal verbjump to other results
get inphrasal verb
- 1 to arrive at a place The train got in late. What time do you get into Kennedy?
- 2 to win an election The Republican candidate stands a good chance of getting in. She first got into the Senate (= became a senator) in 2004.
- 3 to be admitted to a school, university, etc. She got into law school at Duke.
get into something
to call someone to your house to do a jobjump to other results
- 1to collect or gather something to get the crops/harvest in
- 2 to manage to do or say something I got in an hour of work while the baby was asleep. She talks so much that it's impossible to get a word in.