- 1[countable] a female child a baby girl a little girl of six Hello, girls and boys! see also poster child
- 2[countable] a daughter Our youngest girl is in college.
- 3[countable] (sometimes offensive) a young woman Alex is not interested in girls yet. He married the girl next door.
- 4[countable] (usually in compounds) (old-fashioned) (offensive) a female worker an office girl
- 5[countable] (old-fashioned) a man's girlfriend He's taking his girl home to meet his parents.
- 6 girls [plural] (used especially as a form of address by women) a woman's female friends I'm going out with the girls tonight. Good morning, girls!
nounjump to other results