Phrasal Verbsphrasal verbjump to other results
go outphrasal verb
- 1 to leave your house to go to a social event She goes out a lot. go out doing something He goes out partying most weekends.
- 2when the tide goes out, it moves away from the land synonym ebb, come in
- 3to be sent Have the invitations gone out yet?
- 4 when news or information goes out, it is announced or published go out that… Word went out that the director had resigned
- 5if a fire or light goes out, it stops burning or shining
to be no longer fashionable or generally used Those skirts went out years ago.jump to other results
go out (of something)
(especially of young people) to spend time with someone and have a romantic or sexual relationship with them Tom has been going out with Lucy for six weeks. How long have Tom and Lucy been going out?jump to other results