- 1having the color of grass or the leaves of most plants and trees green beans Wait for the light to turn green (= on traffic lights). covered with grass
- 2covered with grass or other plants green fields/hills After the rains, the land was green with new growth. fruit
- 3not yet ready to eat green tomatoes person
- 4(informal) (of a person) young and lacking experience The new trainees are still very green.
- 5(of a person or their skin) being a pale color, as if the person is going to vomit It was a rough crossing and most of the passengers looked distinctly green. politics
- 6 concerned with the protection of the environment; supporting the protection of the environment as a political principle green politics Try to adopt a greener lifestyle.
- noun [uncountable] the greenness of the countryside Supermarkets have started proclaiming the greenness of their products.Idioms
adjectivejump to other results
greennessjump to other results
said about people who never seem happy with what they have and always think that other people have a better situation than they have
the grass is (always) greener on the other side (of the fence) (saying)jump to other results
green with envyjump to other results