- 1a person who shows other people the way to a place, especially someone employed to show tourists around interesting places a tour guide We hired a local guide to get us across the mountains.
- 2a person who advises you on how to live and behave a spiritual guide His elder sister had been his guide, counselor and friend. book/magazine
- 3 guide (to something) a book, magazine, etc. that gives you information, help, or instructions about something a Guide to Family Health Let's take a look at the TV guide and see what's on.
- 4(also guidebook) guide (to something) a book that gives information about a place for travelers or tourists a guide to Italy travel guides something that helps you decide
- 5something that gives you enough information to be able to make a decision about something or form an opinion As a rough guide, allow half a cup of rice per person. I let my feelings be my guide.
nounjump to other results