- 1the highest level or number Profits reached an all-time high last year. weather
- 2 an area of high air pressure; an anticyclone A high over southern California is bringing fine, sunny weather to all parts.
- 3 the highest temperature reached during a particular day, week, etc. Highs today will be in the region of 75°F. from drugs
- 4(informal) the feeling of extreme pleasure and excitement that someone gets after taking some types of drugs The high lasted all night. from success/enjoyment
- 5(informal) the feeling of extreme pleasure and excitement that someone gets from doing something enjoyable or being successful at something He was on a real high after winning the competition. the highs and lows of her acting career school
- 6used in the name of a high school He graduated from Little Rock High in 1982. Word Familyhigh adjective noun adverbhighly adverbheight nounheighten verbhigh adjective noun adverbhighly adverbheight nounheighten verbIdioms
- 1(formal) in a high place We gazed down into the valley from on high.
- 2(humorous) the people in senior positions in an organization An order came down from on high that lunchbreaks were to be half an hour and no longer.
- 3in heaven The disaster was seen as a judgment from on high.
level/numbernounjump to other results
on highjump to other results