- 1[uncountable, countable] the act of putting equipment or furniture in position so that it can be used installation costs Installation of the new system will take several days.
- 2[countable] a piece of equipment or machinery that has been put in position so that it can be used a heating installation
- 3[countable] a place where specialist equipment is kept and used a military installation
- 4[uncountable] the act of placing someone in a new position of authority, often with a ceremony the installation of the new vice chancellor
- 5[countable] (art) a piece of modern sculpture that is made using sound, light, etc. as well as objects