Phrasal Verbsphrasal verbjump to other results
lay outphrasal verb
- 1to knock someone unconscious
- 2to prepare a dead body to be buried
- 1to spread something out so that it can be seen easily or is ready to use He laid the map out on the table. + adj. Lay the material out flat.
- 2[often passive] to plan how something should look and arrange it in this way The gardens were laid out with lawns and flower beds. a well laid out magazine related noun layout
- 3to present a plan, an argument, etc. clearly and carefully synonym set out All the terms and conditions are laid out in the contract.
- 4(informal) to spend money synonym fork out I had to lay out a fortune on a new car. related noun outlay