- 1carrying a load; full and heavy synonym laden a fully loaded truck loaded (with something) a truck loaded with supplies She came into the room carrying a loaded tray.
- 2loaded with something (informal) full of a particular thing, quality, or meaning desserts loaded with calories rich
- 3[not before noun] (informal) very rich Let her pay—she's loaded. advantage/disadvantage
- 4loaded in favor of somebody/something loaded against somebody/something acting either as an advantage or a disadvantage to someone or something in a way that is unfair a system that is loaded in favor of the young (= gives them an advantage) word/statement
- 5having more meaning than you realize at first and intended to make you think in a particular way It was a loaded question and I preferred not to comment. gun/camera
- 6containing bullets, film, etc. a loaded shotgun drunk
- 7 (informal) very drunk
fulladjectivejump to other results