- 1a television screen used to show particular kinds of information; a screen that shows information from a computer The arrival times of today's flights are displayed on the monitor. a PC with a 17-inch color monitor see also VDT
- 2a piece of equipment used to check or record something a heart monitor
- 3a student in a school who performs special duties, such as helping the teacher
- 4a person whose job is to check that something is done fairly and honestly, especially in a foreign country U.N. monitors declared the referendum fair.
- 5a large tropical lizard (= a type of reptile )
nounjump to other results