- 1 clean and in order; carefully done or arranged a neat desk neat handwriting neat rows of books She was wearing a neat black suit. They sat in her neat and clean kitchen.
- 2 (of people) liking to keep things clean and in order; having a clean appearance or doing things in an organized way Try and be neater! He had a neat methodical mind.
- 3small, with a pleasing shape or appearance synonym trim her neat figure The puppies' ears should be neat and in proportion to the head.
- 4 simple but effective a neat explanation a neat solution to the problem
- 5 (informal) good; excellent It's a really neat movie. We had a great time—it was pretty neat.
adjectivejump to other results
neatlyjump to other results
adverb neatly folded clothes The box fitted neatly into the drawer. She summarized her plan very neatly.
neatnessjump to other results