- 1not influenced by personal feelings or opinions; considering only facts synonym unbiased an objective analysis/assessment/report objective criteria I find it difficult to be objective where he's concerned. These figures give a reliable and objective indicator of changing trends in people's lifestyles. opposite subjective
- 2(philosophy) existing outside the mind; based on facts that can be proved objective reality opposite subjective
- 3[only before noun] (grammar) the objective case is the one which is used for the object of a sentence
- adverb Looked at objectively, the situation is not too bad. Can these effects be objectively measured? I was too upset to see things objectively.
- NAmE//ˌɑbdʒɛkˈtɪvət̮i//noun [uncountable] There was a lack of objectivity in the way the candidates were judged. scientific objectivity
adjectivejump to other results
objectivelyjump to other results
objectivityjump to other results