- 1(of food, farming methods, etc.) produced or practiced without using artificial chemicals organic cheese/vegetables/wine, etc. an organic farmer/gardener organic farming/horticulture
- 2produced by or from living things Improve the soil by adding organic matter. organic compounds opposite inorganic
- 3(technology) connected with the organs of the body organic disease
- 4(formal) consisting of different parts that are all connected to each other the view of society as an organic whole
- 5(formal) happening in a slow and natural way, rather than suddenly the organic growth of foreign markets
NAmE//ɔrˈɡænɪk//[usually before noun]
organicallyjump to other results
NAmE//ɔrˈɡænɪkli//adverb organically grown fruit The cardboard disintegrates organically. Doctors could find nothing organically wrong with her. The organization should be allowed to develop organically.