- 1 Paradise [uncountable] (in some religions) a perfect place where people are said to go when they die synonym heaven The ancient Egyptians saw paradise as an idealized version of their own lives.
- 2[countable] a place that is extremely beautiful and that seems perfect, like heaven a tropical paradise
- 3[countable] a perfect place for a particular activity or kind of person The area is a birdwatcher's paradise.
- 4[uncountable] a state of perfect happiness synonym bliss Being alone is his idea of paradise.
- 5 Paradise [uncountable] (in the Bible) the garden of Eden, where Adam and Eve lived