- 1[countable, uncountable] the various aspects of a person's character that combine to make them different from other people His wife has a strong personality. The children all have very different personalities. He maintained order by sheer force of personality. There are likely to be tensions and personality clashes in any social group. People's clothes are often an expression of their personality.
- 2[uncountable] the qualities of a person's character that make them interesting and attractive We need someone with lots of personality to head the project. She was very beautiful but seemed to lack personality.
- 3 [countable] a famous person, especially one who works in entertainment or sports synonym celebrity personalities from the world of music a TV/sports personality
- 4[countable] a person whose strong character makes them noticeable Their son is a real personality.
- 5[uncountable] the qualities of a place or thing that make it interesting and different synonym character The problem with many modern buildings is that they lack personality.
nounjump to other results