- 1(also pickup truck) [countable] a vehicle with low sides and no roof at the back, used, for example, by farmers
- 2[uncountable, countable] an occasion when someone or something is collected Goods are delivered not later than noon on the day after pickup.
- 3[countable] pickup (in something) an improvement a pickup in the housing market
- 4 [uncountable] a vehicle's ability to accelerate (= increase in speed)
- 5[countable] a person someone meets for the first time, for example in a bar, with whom they start a sexual relationship casual pickups
- 6[countable] the part of a record player or musical instrument that changes electrical signals into sound, or sound into electrical signals