- 1 [uncountable] the act of showing something or of giving something to someone The trial was adjourned following the presentation of new evidence to the court. The presentation of prizes began after the speeches. The Mayor will make the presentation (= hand over the gift) herself. Members will be admitted on/upon presentation of a membership card. a presentation copy (= a free book given by the author or publisher )
- 2 [uncountable] the way in which something is offered, shown, explained, etc. to others Improving the product's presentation (= the way it is wrapped, advertised, etc.) should increase sales. I admire the clear, logical presentation of her arguments.
- 3 [countable] a meeting at which something, especially a new product or idea, or piece of work, is shown to a group of people The sales manager will give a presentation on the new products.
- 4 [countable] the series of computer slides (= images) that accompany the talk when someone gives a presentation at a meeting I put my presentation on a memory stick.
- 5[countable] a ceremony or formal occasion during which a gift or prize is given
- 6[countable] a performance of a play, etc. in a theater
- 7[countable, uncountable] (medical) the position in which a baby is lying in the mother's body just before birth
nounjump to other results