- 1[countable] an estimate or a statement of what figures, amounts, or events will be in the future, or what they were in the past, based on what is happening now to make forward/backward projections of population figures Sales have exceeded our projections. Calculations are based on a projection of existing trends. of image
- 2[uncountable, countable] the act of putting an image of something onto a surface; an image that is shown in this way the projection of three-dimensional images on a computer screen laser projections of solid shape
- 3[countable] (technology) a solid shape or object as represented on a flat surface map projections something that sticks out
- 4[countable] something that sticks out from a surface tiny projections on the cell of voice/sound
- 5[uncountable] the act of making your voice, a sound, etc. audible (= able to be heard) at a distance voice projection psychology
- 6[uncountable] the act of imagining that someone else is thinking the same as you and is reacting in the same way of thoughts/feelings
- 7[countable, uncountable] the act of giving a form and structure to inner thoughts and feelings The story is a projection of the writer's personal spiritual struggle.
nounjump to other results