- 1(of clothes) old and torn synonym shabby a ragged jacket
- 2(of people) wearing old or torn clothes ragged children
- 3having an outline, an edge, or a surface that is not straight or even ragged clouds a ragged coastline
- 4not smooth or controlled I could hear the sound of his ragged breathing. Their performance was still very ragged.
- 5(informal) very tired, especially after physical effort Idioms
to make someone do a lot of work or make a big effort so that they become tired For 20 minutes the other team ran us ragged.
run somebody ragged (informal)jump to other results
raggedlyjump to other results
adverb raggedly dressed She was breathing raggedly.
raggednessjump to other results