- 1connected or concerned with love or a sexual relationship a romantic candlelit dinner romantic stories/fiction/comedy I'm not interested in a romantic relationship.
- 2(of people) showing feelings of love Why don't you ever give me flowers? I wish you'd be more romantic.
- 3beautiful in a way that makes you think of love or feel strong emotions romantic music romantic mountain scenery romantic images of deserted beaches
- 4having an attitude to life where imagination and the emotions are especially important; not looking at situations in a realistic way a romantic view of life When I was younger, I had romantic ideas of becoming a writer.
- 5Romantic [usually before noun] used to describe literature, music, or art, especially of the 19th century, that is concerned with strong feelings, imagination, and a return to nature, rather than reason, order, and intellectual ideas the Romantic movement Keats is one of the greatest Romantic poets.
- NAmE//roʊˈmæntɪkli//adverb to be romantically involved with someone Their names have been linked romantically. He talked romantically of the past and his youth.
adjectivejump to other results
romanticallyjump to other results