Phrasal Verbsphrasal verbjump to other results
run throughphrasal verb
to kill someone by sticking a knife, sword, etc. through themjump to other results
- 1[no passive] to pass quickly through something An angry murmur ran through the crowd. Thoughts of revenge kept running through his mind.
- 2[no passive] to be present in every part of something A deep melancholy runs through her poetry.
- 3to discuss, repeat, or read something quickly He ran through the names on the list. Could we run through your proposals once again?
- 4to perform, act, or practice something Can we run through Scene 3 again, please? related noun run-through
- 5to use up or spend money carelessly She ran through the entire amount within two years.