- 1if the value, amount, or level of something soars, it rises very quickly synonym rocket soaring costs/prices/temperatures Air pollution will soon soar above safety levels. Unemployment has soared to 18%.
- 2soar (up) (into something) to rise quickly and smoothly up into the air The rocket soared (up) into the air. (figurative) Her spirits soared (= she became very happy and excited).
- 3to fly very high in the air or remain high in the air an eagle soaring high above the cliffs
- 4to be very high or tall soaring mountains The building soared above us.
- 5when music soars, it becomes higher or louder soaring strings
NAmE//sɔr//[intransitive]Verb Forms present simple I / you / we / they soar
he / she / it soars
past simple soared
-ing form soaring