- 1[countable, usually singular] an act of pressing something, usually with your hands He gave my hand a little squeeze. Give the tube another squeeze. of liquid
- 2[countable] a small amount of liquid that is produced by pressing something a squeeze of lemon juice in small space
- 3[singular] a situation where it is almost impossible for a number of people or things to fit into a small or restricted space It was a tight squeeze but we finally got everything into the case. Seven people in the car was a bit of a squeeze. reduction in money
- 4[countable, usually singular] a reduction in the amount of money, jobs, etc. available; a difficult situation caused by this a squeeze on profits We're really feeling the squeeze since I lost my job. a credit squeeze boyfriend/girlfriend
- 5 [singular] (informal) a boyfriend or girlfriend Who's his main squeeze? Idioms
pressing with fingersnounjump to other results
to put pressure on someone to act in a particular way; to make a situation difficult for someone You come straight to me if she tries to put the squeeze on you. Increased competition is really putting the squeeze on North American producers.
put the squeeze on somebody (to do something) (informal)jump to other results