- 1made of or covered in a substance that sticks to things that touch it sticky fingers covered in jam Stir in the milk to make a soft but not sticky dough.
- 2(of paper, labels, etc.) with glue on one side so that you can stick it to a surface
- 3(informal) (of the weather) hot and damp a sticky, humid afternoon
- 4(informal) (of a person) feeling hot and uncomfortable synonym sweaty She felt hot and sticky after six hours on the bus.
- 5 (informal) difficult or unpleasant a sticky situation Their relationship was going through a sticky period and they decided to go for counseling.
- 6 (computing) (of a website) so interesting and well organized that the people who visit it stay there for a long time
adjectivejump to other results
stickilyjump to other results
stickiness nounjump to other results
to be likely to steal something
have sticky fingers (informal)jump to other results