- 1[uncountable] the dried leaves (called tea leaves) of the tea bush see also green tea
- 2[uncountable] a hot drink made by pouring boiling water onto tea leaves. It may be drunk with milk or lemon and/or sugar added a cup/mug/pot of tea iced/hot tea Would you like tea or coffee? Do you take sugar in your tea?
- 3[countable] a cup of tea Two teas, please.
- 4 [uncountable, countable] a hot drink made by pouring boiling water onto the leaves of other plants chamomile/mint/herb, etc. tea
- 5 [uncountable, countable] a light meal eaten in the afternoon or early evening, usually with sandwiches and/or cookies and cakes and with tea to drink Idioms
nounjump to other results
not what someone likes or is interested in An evening at the opera isn't everyone's cup of tea. He's nice enough but not really my cup of tea.
not somebody's cup of tea (informal)jump to other results
not even for a great reward I wouldn't do your job. Not for all the tea in China!
not for all the tea in China (old-fashioned)jump to other results