Phrasal Verbsphrasal verbjump to other results
turn inphrasal verb
- 1to face or curve toward the center Her feet turn in.
- 2(old-fashioned) to go to bed It's late—I think I'll turn in.
to take someone to the police or someone in authority because they have committed a crime She threatened to turn him in to the police. He decided to turn himself in.jump to other results
- 1to give back something that you no longer need You must turn in your pass when you leave the building.
- 2 to give something to someone in authority They turned in a petition with 80,000 signatures. I haven't even turned in Monday's work yet.
- 3to achieve a score, performance, profit, etc. The champion turned in a superb performance to retain her title.