- 1 [countable] a journey on foot, usually for pleasure or exercise Let's go for a walk. I like to take a walk in the evenings. She took the dog for a walk. He set out on the long walk home. The office is ten minutes' walk from here. a ten-minute walk It's only a short walk to the beach.
- 2[countable] a path or route for walking, usually for pleasure; an organized event when people walk for pleasure a circular walk There are some interesting walks in the area. a guided walk around the farm
- 3[singular] a way or style of walking; the act or speed of walking rather than running I recognized him by his walk. The horse slowed to a walk.
- 4 [countable] a sidewalk or path 1
- 5 [countable] (in baseball) a move by a batter to first base after four pitches are thrown outside the strike zone He pitched six innings, allowing one hit and one walk. Idioms
time that you spend thinking about and remembering the past or going to a place again in order to remind yourself of past experiences Visiting my old school was a real trip down memory lane.
a trip/walk down memory lanejump to other results
a thing that is very easy to do or deal with The role isn't exactly a walk in the park. The next game will be a walk in the park.
a walk in the park (informal)jump to other results
a person's job or position in society synonym background She has friends from all walks of life.
walk of lifejump to other results