- 1very tired, especially after you have been working hard or doing something for a long time a weary traveler She suddenly felt old and weary. a weary sigh
- 2(literary) making you feel tired or bored a weary journey weary hours spent in negotiation
- 3 weary of something/of doing something (formal) no longer interested in or enthusiastic about something Students soon grow weary of listening to a parade of historical facts.
- NAmE//ˈwɪrəli//adverb He closed his eyes wearily.
- NAmE//ˈwɪrinəs//noun [uncountable]
wearilyjump to other results
wearinessjump to other results