Definition of autowind noun from the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary



    BrE BrE//ˈɔːtəʊwaɪnd//
    ; NAmE NAmE//ˈɔːtoʊwaɪnd//
    (also autowinder
    BrE BrE//ˈɔːtəʊwaɪndə(r)//
    ; NAmE NAmE//ˈɔːtoʊwaɪndər//
    jump to other results
  1. 1[singular] part of a camera that uses film, which automatically winds forwards so that you can take the next picture
  2. 2[uncountable] the ability of a camera to do this