- 1 to arrive at a place The train got in late. What time do you get into Heathrow?
- 2 to win an election The Republican candidate stands a good chance of getting in. She first got into Parliament (= became an MP) in 2005.
- 3 to be admitted to a school, university, etc. She's got into Durham to study law.
- 1to collect or gather something to get the crops/harvest in
- 2to buy a supply of something Remember to get in some beers for this evening.
- 3to manage to do or say something I got in an hour's work while the baby was asleep. She talks so much it's impossible to get a word in.