- 1[countable, uncountable] accompaniment (to something) music that is played to support singing or another instrument traditional songs with piano accompaniment
- 2[countable] accompaniment (to something) something that you eat, drink, or use together with something else The wine makes a good accompaniment to fish dishes.
- 3[countable] accompaniment (to something) (formal) something that happens at the same time as another thing High blood pressure is a common accompaniment to this disease. Idioms
- 1while a musical instrument is being played They performed to the accompaniment of guitars.
- 2while something else is happening She made her speech to the accompaniment of loud laughter.
nounjump to other results
to the accompaniment of somethingjump to other results