- 1one more time; on another occasion Could you say it again, please? When will I see you again? This must never happen again. Once again (= as had happened several times before), the train was late. I've told you again and again (= many times) not to do that. I'll have to write it all over again (= again from the beginning).
- 2 showing that someone or something is in the same place or state that they were in originally He was glad to be home again. She spends two hours a day getting to work and back again. You'll feel well again soon.
- 3 used to show that a comment or fact is connected with what you have just said And again, we must think of the cost.
- 4 then/there again used to introduce a fact or an opinion that contrasts with what you have just said We might buy it, but then again, we might not.
- 5used when you ask someone to tell you something or repeat something that you think they have told you already What was the name again? Idioms
adverbjump to other results