- 1surrounding someone or something; on each side of something The house is built around a central courtyard. He put his arms around her.
- 2on, to, or from the other side of someone or something Our house is just around the corner. The bus came around the bend. There must be a way around the problem.
- 3in a circle They walked around the lake.
- 4 to fit in with particular people, ideas, etc. I can't arrange everything around your schedule!
- 5in or to many places in an area They walked around the town looking for a place to eat. see also round