- 1the flat part of a knife, tool, or machine, which has a sharp edge or edges for cutting see also razor blade, switchblade
- 2 one of the flat parts that turn around in an engine or on a helicopter the blades of a propeller rotor blades on a helicopter
- 3 the flat wide part of an oar (= one of the long poles that are used to row a boat) that goes in the water
- 4a single flat leaf of grass Not a blade of grass stirred.
- 5the flat metal part on the bottom of an ice skate see also shoulder blade
nounjump to other results