- 1[countable] a weapon designed to explode at a particular time or when it is dropped or thrown a bomb attack/blast/explosion a bomb goes off/explodes extensive bomb damage Hundreds of bombs were dropped on the city. see also dirty bomb
- 2 the bomb [singular] nuclear weapons (atomic or hydrogen bombs) countries that have the bomb
- 3 a bomb [singular] (informal) a complete failure The musical was a complete bomb on Broadway.
- 4 [countable] (in football) a long forward throw of the ball
- 5 [countable] a container in which a liquid such as paint or insect poison is kept under pressure and released as a spray or as foam a bug bomb (= used for killing insects) see also cherry bomb Idioms
nounjump to other results
to be very good; to be the best Check out the new Web site. It's the bomb!
be the bomb (informal)jump to other results